SQL Beautifier & Formatter
Enter in your SQL statement
Formatted SQL statement
SQL Beautifier & Formatter is a free online formatter for SQL statements.
Structured Query Language (SQL) is a 4th generation programming language and the language used to build, manage, and query relational databases. It was developed by IBM as part of a research project and internationalized in 1987. (Almost) all database systems use this language.
Most of the actions you need to perform on a database are done with SQL statements.
The following SQL statement selects all the records in the "Users" table: SELECT * FROM Users;
Some of The Most Important SQL Commands
- SELECT - extracts data from a database
- UPDATE - updates data in a database
- DELETE - deletes data from a database
- INSERT INTO - inserts new data into a database
- CREATE DATABASE - creates a new database
- ALTER DATABASE - modifies a database
- CREATE TABLE - creates a new table
- ALTER TABLE - modifies a table
- DROP TABLE - deletes a table
- CREATE INDEX - creates an index (search key)
- DROP INDEX - deletes an index